On April 3, I received a Liebster Award! As you can see, I procrastinate on the good stuff just as much as the stressful stuff. 😉
Thank you so much, SusannaAntiHero! I truly appreciate the award and am touched that my blog is something that you enjoy reading.
Here are the Liebster Award rules that I was given:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers.
4. Let those blogs know that you nominated them by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
These are the questions that I was asked to answer:
1. What made you decide to start your own blog?
I had a really difficult year that started with being laid-off. I found a new job, but then I was fired for the first time ever. My depression seemed to be getting worse instead of better and I was struck by the idea of blogging as a way to entice me to journal. I’m so glad that I did!
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I’d love to be able to teleport myself to different places in the world. I love to travel and it would be so great to skip the jet lag and just blink my eyes and already be there.
3. What is your favorite book and why?
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Mostly because I love the title!! But I like how it brings another time and place and so many characters to life. It is funny, sad and touching.
4. What would be your dream job?
Travel writer. I would love to be paid to travel the world, to learn about different cultures and to suggest how others might conduct their own journeys.
5. What is something you’ve always been afraid of?
I’ve always been afraid of letting down my guard. It is really hard for me to relax around others as I’m always in self-protection mode.
6. Who is your famous person crush? (Doesn’t have to be a movie star, but definitely can be)
Hmm, I actually don’t pay much attention to the rich and famous. But if I had to pick someone, I’d say Bradley Cooper. He’s gorgeous and did such an amazing job in Silver Linings Playbook.
7. Do you believe in the supernatural and if so have you ever experienced any occurrences?
No, I’m pretty down to earth.
8. What is one of the last movies you’ve seen that you really loved and one that you hated?
I loved Hunger Games: Catching Fire, mostly because I loved the books and I think that Jennifer Lawrence is a brilliant actress.
I hated the Great Gatsby. I already knew the story and just couldn’t get into the movie. I turned it off and never finished watching it. I was annoyed by the modern music for a period piece. The twenties had such fun music, I don’t know why they didn’t use any of it. Boardwalk Empire does a good job with this.
9. If your place was burning down and you could save one possession, what would it be? (Let’s say all the people and pets with you are safe)
I’m not very tied to material things. Probably my computer as it has all of my photos on it.
10. What is something you really like about yourself?
That’s a tough question for someone who struggles with depression! I’d have to say my openness to new things, new places and new experiences.
11. And last, tell me an interesting/random fact about yourself.
I’ve been to more than 30 countries and I eventually want to see the whole world.
Here are my questions:
1) What made you decide to start blogging?
2) What is the most interesting place that you have visited?
3) Are you an animal lover?
4) What is your favourite thing to cook?
5) What is your favourite band/song at the moment?
6) What is your favourite activity for recharging yourself?
7) What is something you have always wanted to do, but haven’t yet done?
8) What is your favourite television show and why?
9) Where do you see yourself in five years?
10) What is an interesting talent that you have?
11) What is your dream job?
It turns out that many of the blogs that I follow have more than 200 followers and have already won many awards. So I’ll nominate five blogs instead of 11. 🙂
One Depressed Mama: http://onedepressedmama.wordpress.com/
- I relate a lot to her posts and find them to be really insightful. She is also very warm and supportive. 🙂
Mydnyht Rantings: http://mydnyht.wordpress.com/
- I just started following this blog, but I really like Aurora’s insight and quirky sense of humour. She is “differently-abled but still awesome.” 🙂
Cinnamon Kittens: http://cinnamonkittens.wordpress.com/
- She posts wonderful pictures of baked goods and is inspiring me to get back into running.
Dearest Depression: http://nicoleparish1018.wordpress.com/
- This is one of the first blogs that I started following last fall. We’ve had some great conversations on depression, readings we’ve done, etc. I love Nicole’s dedication and positive spirit.
- This is another blog that I just started to follow. I like how Ava G. tries to put a face on mental illnesses and I also really like her style of writing.
I hope that you enjoy these blogs as much as I do. 🙂
(PS: To the others who have given me awards, thank you so much! I’m hoping to respond to those soon! 🙂 )