Today, I’m so happy – I think I got a new job! It’s limited to a few months but doing exactly what I want to do so it should be a great launch pad back to a permanent job. Now I just have to be patient while the paperwork goes forward. 🙂
I’ve been thinking a lot about gratitude lately. In part from my yoga training and in part because I’m starting to feel better. So I thought I’d take a moment to look at the bright side of life.
I am grateful that:
- I seem to finally have the right combination of medications to combat my major depression and anxiety.
- I am skilled and even though I don’t currently work, I know that I can.
- I am strong and gaining fitness.
- I have come to terms with my mental illness and am ready to work with it rather than against it.
- Throughout this year of uncertainty, I’ve had a safe and relaxing home environment.
- I’m learning compassion for myself. I’m a good person.
- I have the opportunity to learn more about yoga and I will be able to teach it one day.
- I have friends who care about me.
- I have a family that cares about me and that has supported me financially in my time of need.
- I found the most wonderful cat at an animal shelter and she is so affectionate. A true blessing.
- I’ve been openminded and met a difficult year with a lot of grace. I’ve made the most of my situation.
- I was able to travel to the other side of the world this year.
- I’ve discovered the joys of blogging and this wonderful little mental health community that we’ve created.
And perhaps best of all, I know there are more things. But I’m hungry so I will end this list here. 🙂
I hope you all have a great day!